Monday, April 8, 2013

Visiting The Harmonious Jogjakarta

I actually had 6 days vacation to Jogjakarta with my Mom in January. It has been 20 years since we left Jogja. My mom said that my parents were just married when they moved there. Ahh, so sweet. Especially knowing that I was raised at such beautiful and peaceful land like Jogja.
The main reason my mom and I traveled there was because we just wanted to track back our memories from the past. It was kinda emotional too for me especially when we visited the house which my parents used to rent. We met our old neighbors in the dense neighborhood of Jogja. Of course they are not young anymore. But they still have that memories when I was a little baby. So happy that I was be loved by so many nice people around me.

Anyway, beside tracking the memories of my past, my Mom and I got the chance to go to a lot of tourism destination in Jogjakarta, shopping, and tasting various kind of Jogja cuisines. I don't really remember what we exactly had, but here I share some photographs I took and short stories during my vacation. ^_^

 She was my neighbor when I was a baby. Kinda hard to get this photograph, she was so shy because I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. Hehehe. Thanks Mbah for taking care of me when I was so young.

 It's located not far from Keraton Jogjakarta (the Royal Palace). We call this place as Museum Kereta Jogjakarta (Cart Museum of Jogjakarta). Those carts are mostly age hundred years old. And they are still very well maintained and being used by the Keraton Family for certain ceremonial events.

 In U.K. or in another countries, you perhaps can't enter the Royal Palace. But here in Jogjakarta, it's opened to public!! By paying very little amount of entrance fee you can explore some parts of the Keraton. There are some museums inside about Batik, Royal's family structure by centuries, and any other informative things you can find only in this Palace.

 He is an "Abdi Dalem" or "the King's Servant" in english. In Jogjakarta, the people are so obedient and faithful to the King and His family. They really respect the Royal Family and work with them for such long time as Abdi Dalem. Suprisingly they only get paid less than RM10 per year!! Can you imagine that!! Such a good servant!! Salute!! (Well, most of them only work part time as Abdi Dalem, they suffice their families by working another job)

 The pedicab driver looked so happy even though he had been waiting for the passengers for such long time  that day. In this beautiful place, I suggest you to take pedicab or "Becak" to feel the atmosphere of the city. The fee is mostly still affordable and negotiable, depends on how far you go.

 This is one of my favorite shot. (I was the photographer, LOL) It's located not far from Keraton. We called this place as Taman Sari. People believe that this place was used by the princesses from Keraton to take a bath.



 When you go to Jogja, don't forget to go to Malioboro to get batik. Batik is Indonesia famous fabric. Actually, each province in Indonesia has it's own pattern and color of batik. These days, to preserve Batik, Indonesian designers  make such innovation to design Batik into several catchy models so people can always wear it in any such moments.

 Not only Penang that is famous with it's street food. You can also find a lot of street foods in Jogjakarta.


Don't miss this food if you are in Jogja. GUDEG!! I dunno how to describe this food. But I just love it! You can find it at any restaurants 

Prambanan temple. It's also a must to visit this amazing old architecture. The uniqueness of this temple made me wondering, how the past people could come up with the ideas to build such incredible form of art into a temple

 You can see the details uh?

 Another famous temple in Java. Well it's very far away from Jogja btw. Borobudur is located in Magelang which is not part of Jogja anymore.

 You must go upstairs to reach the highest level of this budhist temple. You also can get chance to see beautiful nature nearby the temple. Because of it's height, you will feel like you are on the top of hill.

 This artist is very cute!! >_< He is a street artist that looked so happy to act his character. If we can see gold sparkling men in Bukit Bintang Malaysia, we can meet this pantomime guy in Jogjakarta.

 Don't worry, those seniors are not real. They are just the mannequins placed inside the museum Vrederburg. You can feel the nuisance when Indonesians struggling after the independence day in this museum by different scenarios of each stage of history.

This was the last place I went with my mom. It's called Monjali  or MOumeN JogjA kembaLI. Almost the same with Vrederburg, we can see the scenarios of moments during past time after Indonesian independence day. We can also find a lot of vintage stuffs left by the history.

This short visit of me and my mom left such good memories for us. Many things might have changed. But we will always remember this beautiful city no matter what. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment